World War Two
In the summer of 1942 came the big move to Northaw near Potters Bar in Middlesex, the brusquely requisitioned kennels of the Greyhound Racing Association. Northaw’s permanent personnel featured trainers and veterinary staff while “handlers” from line infantry regiments were rotated through to learn the strange arts of canine warfare. The big news at Northaw in the second half of 1942 was the arrival of women – members of the Auxiliary Territorial Service – to act as kennel-maids.
Photographic Print: Digitally Restored War Propaganda Poster by Stocktrek Images : 24x18in