A semi-circular dome marks the entrance to the Guardian Building with tiles executed by Mary Chase Stratton of Pewabic Pottery, who worked in close collaboration with architect Wirt Rowland on the design and symbolism of the tiles.
John's Episcopal Church is located at 2326 Woodward Avenue in Downtown Detroit, Michigan. However, the business address is 50 E Fisher Fwy, Detroit, MI. It is the oldest church still standing on Woodward.
This gray limestone, neo-Gothic structure was once Highland Park High School. The architect of the building was Wells Butterfield, whose daughter Emily was the first licensed female architect in the state of Michigan. Mr. Butterfield also served as the first mayor of the City of Farmington, Michigan. He also designed several Methodist churches across the state of Michigan in the late 1800s.
Streets of Old Detroit Exhibit at the Detroit Historical Museum, Detroit, MI.this is a wonderful place.it takes us back to the past that is early Detroit and the magic of how lovely and simpler life was.
Downtown Flint 'Overflow Parking' mural gets restoration, new name
Yates Cider Mill, Rochester ~ One of the best parts of fall in Michigan is freshly baked donuts, just pressed apple cider, apple picking. Michigan has plenty of orchards and cider mills to visit and its a definite "don't miss" for the fall season.
General Ulysses S. Grant, later commander of the Union Army during the Civil War and US President, was stationed in Detroit, Michigan in as the Regiment Quartermaster of the Infantry. He stayed in this home on East Fort Street, seen in a 1919 photo.