These Regency period (1811–37) dining chairs in a Grecian-revival style are representative of the simple and easily transportable furniture brought to New Zealand by missionaries and other settlers before 1840. They were owned by the Kerikeri mission schoolmaster Francis Hall and are seen here in the historic Kemp House at Kerikeri.
Old stone store at Kerikeri. New Zealand’s oldest stone building, was built in Designed by Wesleyan missionary John Hobbs and built by an ex-convict stonemason from New South Wales. It is the oldest surviving commercial building in New Zealand.